The session covers:
- How to position and latch baby on
- How your body makes milk
- What to expect from your breastfed baby
- What is normal in your baby’s development as it pertains to feeding and sleeping
- Overcoming challenges
- Supporting a breastfeeding mother
- Where to get ongoing support
- Any question you have…
- And more!
Places in the courses are limited to 12 mums and their support person, to ensure that your individual needs are met. I believe it is important for a breastfeeding mother’s support person to have a good level of knowledge about breastfeeding and to learn ways to provide practical support.
The course fee is $50 per woman. However, I don’t want anyone to miss out for lack of finances. If you are keen to enrol but this is too much for you, PLEASE contact me to discuss options!
Places on the courses fill quickly, so book early to avoid disappointment!
Postnatal Distress (PND) Course
- What is PND? Depression? Anxiety? Both?
- Can it start during pregnancy?
- Who is at risk?
- What are the symptoms?
- Common scary feelings and thoughts.
- It’s ok to not be ok! To feel overwhelmed and anxious
- Where can I go for help?
- What can I do until I get the help I need?
- Suggestions for partners and whanau
- Tips on baby’s normal behaviours that sometimes can be very confusing and add stress
To enrol for a Mama-Licious course, simply check the date to the right and contact us directly.
Mama-Licious breastfeeding courses are held in Island Bay and Are Valley
Breastfeeding Course Dates
Island Bay – March 10th 09:00 – 11:30 – One spot left
Island Bay – May 5th 10:00- 12:30
Island Bay – July 28th 10:00 – 12:30
Island Bay – September 15th 10:00- 12:30
Island Bay – November 10th 10:00- 12:30
If these dates/venue do not work for you, contact me to discuss other options
Postnatal Distress Course Dates
August 19th 10:00 – 12:30
Island Bay Venue: Wellington South Baptist Church, 284 The Parade, Island Bay
Aro Valley Venue: Aro Valley Community Centre, 48 Are Street