Places in our courses are limited to 10 mums and their support person, to ensure that your individual needs are met.
Partners and other support people are encouraged to attend, at no additional cost, as we believe it is important for a breastfeeding mother’s supporters to have a good level of knowledge about breastfeeding and to learn ways to provide practical support.
The course fee is $50 per pregnant woman. However, I don’t want anyone to miss out for lack of finances. If you are keen to enrol but this is too much for you, PLEASE contact me to discuss options!
Places on our courses fill quickly, so book early to avoid disappointment!
Now also offering private classes in the comfort of your home, get in touch for more details. Or you can get together a small group in a more remote area such as the Kapiti Coast or Wairarapa, and we can discuss the options.
The session covers:
- How to position and latch baby on
- How your body makes milk
- Being skin to skin with your baby
- What to expect from your breastfed baby
- What is normal in your baby’s development as it pertains to feeding and sleeping
- Overcoming challenges
- Supporting a breastfeeding mother
- Where to get ongoing support
- And more!
Postnatal Distress (PND) Course
- What is PND? Depression? Anxiety? Both?
- Can it start during pregnancy?
- Who is at risk?
- What are the symptoms?
- Common scary feelings and thoughts.
- It’s ok to not be ok! To feel overwhelmed and anxious
- Where can I go for help?
- What can I do until I get the help I need?
- Suggestions for partners and whanau
- Tips on baby’s normal behaviours that sometimes can be very confusing and add stress
To enrol for a Mama-Licious course, simply check the date to the right and contact us directly.
Mama-Licious breastfeeding courses are held in Island Bay and Are Valley
Breastfeeding Course Dates
Island Bay – August 12th 10:00- 12:30
Island Bay – September 9th 10:00- 12:30
Island Bay- October 7th 3:00 – 5:00
Island Bay – January 20th 10:00- 12:30
If these dates/venue do not work for you, contact me to discuss other options
Postnatal Distress Course Dates
August 19th 10:00 – 12:30
Island Bay Venue: Wellington South Baptist Church, 284 The Parade, Island Bay
Aro Valley Venue: Aro Valley Community Centre, 48 Are Street