Postnatal Distress (PND) Course
This session will provide information about PND – Postnatal Distress, which includes Depression and Anxiety, so you know how to recognise the signs and what to do about it. Partners and babies are welcome as they may be affected too.
The session covers:
- WIt’s ok to not be ok! To feel overwhelmed and anxious
- What is PND? Depression? Anxiety? Both?
- Can it start during pregnancy?
- Who is at risk?
- What are the symptoms?
- Common scary feelings and thoughts.
- Where can I go for help?
- What can I do until I get the help I need?
- Suggestions for partners and whanau
- Tips on baby’s normal behaviours that sometimes can be very confusing and add stress